Sunday, February 17, 2008

Cha-cha-cha-changes

This will be brief, as time has been at a premium recently. Some of that premium is due to a transient late winter cold that got me into a Dayquil of the Dead state for a week or so. And then work has been hopping in an especially hoppy way the past few weeks as well. But mostly two big new things are afoot in my life:

1. I just signed the lease on a three-bedroom house in the Sunset. I'll be moving in there with two friends, both in recovery. So a nice sane and sober household, near the beach, also near enough to the N-Judah and 71 Noriega that I won't vanish from the face of the Earth. Yaay! I've been looking for something for a few months now, so it's very exciting to have that part of my life more settled. Not to mention freeing up the time that has been spent looking and putting it to some more fun and free use. Among which is…

2. Within the past week or two I've been on my first dates in about a year and a half. I'm sure I'll be talking about the whole process at more length here over time. For now suffice it to say that the world is full of some really lovely and interesting people. I'm very happy to be at a place in my life where I can show up for meeting them and be available enough to attract worthwhile and available people in to my own life. I'm happy now, anyway. Every alternate day the process is driving me batty!

That's it for now, more to come once I'm fully moved in and all that.

No comments: