Saturday, January 07, 2012

Akemashite omedetou gozaimasu!


 Or, as our friends in Japan would say, Happy New Year!

Just brief one today to say happy New Year's to you all, and publicly witness my intention for the year. I have a New Year's tradition for the past few years, which I picked up from the very wise book The Language of Letting Go. It's pretty simple: set some quiet time aside and write down everything you might wish for the coming year. Big goals, little goals, pie-in-the-sky dreams, all of it. And then, once you have it all down, turn it over to the Universe, any such Higher Powers as you see fit, to fulfill as it will.

I've found it's a very good way to witness and own what I want and at the same time release my hands from the levers of control about how, when or if it comes to pass.

What I'd like to share today is not the list, although I did note in making it that it was both smaller than in previous years, and eminently achievable. Which tells me the good news that my life is a lot less pent up than it used to be. Instead, what I'd like to share is the release part of my intention.

Which is that, all individual goals coming and going as they may, what I would really like to manifest for this year, after all the rushing around of 2011 (two weddings! one cross-country move! punishing work schedule! etc., etc.) is a year of living simply, in balance, and just being.

May you all have a blessed New Year!   


No comments: